Hello and happy October! Thank you for stopping by. Get comfortable and read on, because I’m doing something special this month: I am attempting the Blogtober Challenge.
What is the Blogtober Challenge?
“Blogtober” = Blog + October. During the month of October, I’ll be attempting (and hopefully succeeding) to publish one post ever day here on American Wife Brazilian Kitchen.
You can look forward to recipes, posts about our visit to the United States this July/August, reflection pieces, and… whatever YOU would like to read! That’s right… I need your help! During this month, I’ll be posting polls and questions on my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram stories that will help me decide what to write about. If you have questions or ideas you’d like to share with me, you can also send me a message to any of my social media accounts or write a comment on a blog post.
So what possessed me to take on the Blogtober Challenge?
Good question… there are a number of reasons.
- I want to become a well-oiled writing machine. Right now, my writing skills are a bit rusty, and it takes me WAY TOO LONG to put thoughts on paper. As they say, “practice makes perfect.” However for me, excellent would be quite satisfactory. Which leads me to the next reason…
- Perfection. I want to push myself to get over that awful perfection obsession. And while I usually HATE time constraints, I’ve gotta admit, they are great for helping me get my priorities in order. I do some of my best work under pressure. But even if it isn’t my best work, I will be proud at the end of this month to see that I created something, anything. (!!!!!!)
- To grow my blog! A blog is only as good as its audience. I’d like to continue expanding and reach more people! The best way to make this happen is for me to write more and for you to keep sharing what you love.
- To get better acquainted! As I mentioned in one of my recent posts, Expat Loneliness, I started this blog with the hope of meeting people and forming an interactive and supportive community. My hope is that this Blogtober Challenge will jump start our AWBK community and help it grow. We can discover what we have in common and better understand our differences.
Together we can succeed! Here’s how you can help me conquer Blogtober…
- Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Weigh in on polls and open-ended questions.
- Join the AWBK email list so I can personally let you know when there’s a new post. (Because of social media algorithms, you may not always see notifications about new posts on AWBK even if you follow me. So email is the surefire way to stay in touch.)
- Comment on blog posts and let me know what you like/think/any questions you have.
- Like/tag/share! If there’s a post that you like, or that you think someone else would like, share it with your friends and family on social media.
There will be a GIVEAWAY at the end of the month!
This Blogtober Challenge will be quite the marathon, and I’m going to need your support to stay motivated and inspired! So I’m going to do something tangible to recognize every person who makes up the AWBK community! Without YOU – my readers – blogging would feel pretty pointless.
Everyone who participates in the above 5 steps during this Blogtober Challenge will receive two things:
- You’ll receive a digital cookbook with my favorite Brazilian recipes. This will be delivered by email, so make sure you sign up for the AWBK email list here on the website.
- You’ll be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift card to the store/restaurant of the winner’s choice.
GIVEAWAY RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS…
The more you follow, weigh in, join, comment, and like/tag/share, the more chances you’ll have to win. I’ll enter your name once for every time you participate. The winner will be notified through email, using the address provided to sign up for the AWBK email list. You will have 48 hours to respond. In the event of no response, another winner will be chosen.
So what are you dreaming of doing with that $50 gift card? A Target haul? A season’s worth of Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks? Add some fresh music to your iTunes library?
Here’s your first opportunity to participate…
Let me know in the comments below:
- What would you do with the winner’s gift card?!
- What topic/question would you like me to write about during Blogtober?
Share this post on your Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook so your friends can participate too! And together lets have a wonderful… BLOGTOBER!